Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Roseola

A couple of days before Macy's first birthday, she came down with a horrible fever. Even after giving her tylenol, it was 103 degrees. I made Clark go get some infant ibuprofen at around 10:30 pm because I just wanted her to sleep. She was miserable and I was miserable. She had a very hard time sleeping and most nights she just laid in our bed crying. I felt so bad for her. I was terrified that she had some horrible illness, but we were lucky and after 3 days the fever broke. Then came a rash...to the untrained eye this would look like a bad thing, but luckily I have a pediatric nurse practitioner living right upstairs that helped me diagnose it as roseola. It is very harmless and very common, the worst part is the fever.
Macy wanted to be held all of the time, so when I needed to get something done she was handed off to Daddy. Here she is watching him play world of warcraft on the bigscreen. You can see how sick she is in her eyes.
Love my baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. What an angel. It's so horrible when your baby is sick!

    ReplyDelete