Wednesday, December 9, 2009

FINALLY!!!

I have finished my quilt...well the baby's quilt. No, I am not done being pregnant :( But finishing this quilt was something I needed to get done before she arrived. I told her that because it is finished, she can come any time...preferably NOW! I started this quilt back in September when I was asked to go to quilting club with my ward. I didn't know then how much fun quilting would be! I even went on a quilting retreat up to Brighton and sewed all these pieces together. This was my first quilting experience and my first sewing experience since maybe my freshmen year in high school, so I am pretty proud. Two women in my ward also have quilting machines, so I was able to have it quilted without doing it by hand...phew. I did hand sew on the binding though...it isn't perfect, but it has the touch of momma's love.

On the other hand...I am getting so impatient for this little one to arrive! Everyone told me the last couple of weeks are the hardest...and boy were they correct. I am going mad! I will start having contractions and then they will just stop...how annoying is that? It's not that I feel uncomfortable or that I don't enjoy her little body moving around in me...I am just ready to meet her. It's also annoying that I am dilated enough that she could come any day, but she isn't.
I went to the doctor yesterday and he stripped my membranes. It wasn't as bad as I thought...just a lot of pressure. Anyway, he said he thinks I have a good chance of going into labor on my own in the next couple of days. Let's hope he's right. He also said that after he did that, I was dilated to 3 cm. Oh please come little love.
Here is a little photo shoot from last week when I was 39 weeks. I wanted to have a maternity shoot with Clark at some point in my pregnancy, but it never happened, so this is what we got.





My mom is in town now. This is helpful because she keeps me somewhat busy during the days. I have lost my desire to clean or pretty much do anything for that matter. All I think about is going into labor. People keep calling and texting to see if anything is happening, and I feel so lame that nothing has. Oh and 3 people that I knew who were due AFTER me have already had their babies...so not fair! Ok, ok I know I am complaining, but I am allowed some spoiled brat time now right?


I dont really think that I have dropped, but the doctor told me that her head is really low. I was getting so nervous that there was some reason that her head wouldn't drop and that I wouldn't be able to have her naturally. I guess that still could happen, but I will pray that it doesn't.


So this weekend would be a good and bad time to have the little one. Here are the many reasons why. First, Clark doesn't have class from Thursday til Monday, so it would be good there, and he doesn't have any homework. Second, all of my family is going to be in town and I want them to be able to meet her while they are here. The bad part is that they are coming to town for my Grandma Lund's funeral on Friday. So if I did have here any time after today, I wouldn't be able to go to the funeral. Why oh Why??? I really wanted to have her by today so that they could see her and I could make it to the funeral. Now it seems like it will be one or the other.
Oh well. I know it will work out the way that it is supposed to...I am not in control, but the Heavenly Father is and He knows what's best. I will trust in Him.













6 comments:

  1. Wow, those pictures make you look 9 months pregnant. That means there should be a baby any minute!! Wishful thinking, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so the past two titles of your blogs have totally gotten me all excited thinking she has finally come =( The blanket is really cute and you still look fantastic!! I can't wait to finally hear the good news and see her cute little face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle hang in there! I do pictures on the side if you would want to do a quick little maternity shoot. I wouldn't charge you anything and I'm available almost all the time(one of the great things about being a stay at home mom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! I dont think I could ever do anything like that. I bet any day your little one will come! My sister in law got her membranes stripped and the next day she went into labor! hope the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I hated it when people had their babies before me who weren't supposed to. You have every right to complain! Let it out girl! Stripping my membranes (and uh, maybe something else too) put me into labor I think. Also, I think I was ready for labor at that point anyway.
    And that quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I knew how to sew. That quilt is so pretty. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete