Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Miracle

Every Monday-Thursday I tutor my little 8 year old cousin Danielle. She has been so excited about my pregnancy the whole time. Every day I am there, she tries to feel the baby move and kick. Before I leave, she makes sure to give me and the baby a hug and kiss goodbye. She is so excited about this baby.

Today as I was leaving, she kissed my belly and gave it a hug. She then exclaimed how incredible it was that there was a living being inside a living being. I told her that I completely agreed. It is so weird to think that I have a human inside me with legs and arms and a face... Naturally she went on to ask how it got in there and how that all worked. Uh...I told her it is a miracle. She said "NO, mom how does a baby get inside you?" I told her mom that I said it was a miracle and I was out of there.

Well it definitely is a miracle. How my body knows how to grow a human with all it's intricacies floors me. It is so incredible!!! I still can't believe I have a human being inside of me. It blows my mind.

In other news, I went to the doc's yesterday. I am 2 1/2 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Again he said I could go into labor today or a week late. All I know is that I am excited to be completely thinned out cuz now all my body has to do is open up...it's like half the work. I'm hoping this means that labor will go more quickly...and I wouldn't mind more smoothly either.

My momma is coming up either tomorrow or Friday. I am so excited! I just hope she gets here before I go into labor so that we can do some girly things together first like go shopping and out to lunch...it will be my last chance for a LONG time. I am not planning on taking the babe out for at least 3 months after she's born. It might sound drastic, but I would rather be stuck in my house with a healthy baby than in a hospital room with a sick baby and Utah is notorious for getting babies sick in the winter.

Well here's to wishing I go into labor sooner rather than later...send some good labor vibes my way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you and Clark. Looking forward to the pictures you will soon have!

    ReplyDelete