Friday, August 20, 2010

8 Months

Man I cannot even believe my little baby is 8 months old. Time flies! She is still the sweetest thing, even though she is starting to show the world that she has an opinion. If I take away a toy from her, she "throws a fit" where she arches her back and throws her head, but tends to get over it quickly.

(If you make this pic big you can see the unique color of her eyes)

Macy is learning something new everyday it seems. She has almost mastered the pincer grasp. Last Sunday we gave her Cheerios for the first time...at first she didn't know that she was supposed to put them in her mouth, but after showing her a couple times she knows what to do. These are now her favorite food and she shovels them in her mouth by the handful.
Macy has 4 teeth...they all came in in a little over a month. She got her first one (lower left) July 11th, then the other bottom and top left a couple weeks later and then her top right Aug 18th. I'm so glad that teething wasn't that big of a problem for her. I did get some pretty rough bites on my arms and fingers, but we got through pretty much unscathed.

Macy is still super tall and skinny...it will be nice if she stays that way forever...man would I be jealous. Her torticollis has gotten much better due to frequent stretching and strengthening exercises. I will be so happy when I do not have to worry about that anymore!

Macy can spot a cellphone ANYWHERE! I swear she has a radar for them. She has already broken the speaker on mine and Clark's phones because she slobbered all over them. She gets this sly smile on her face and heads straight for them and doesn't stop no matter what obsticles stand in her way...so funny.


Every morning I get Macy and bring her into bed with me because I usually don't want to get up yet. She is super patient and just lays there by me playing or talking to herself. She likes to make "f" noises in the morning, but only in the morning.
She loves drinking out of a cup and she is really good at it. Any kind of water gets her kicking and squealing. She grabs everyones nose, mouth, and hair. She still only rolls occasionally and it is usually not on purpose. She has discovered tags and attacks them always.
Macy gives honi's (kisses in Hawaiian). If I make a kissy noise at her she opens her mouth and goes for it. She adores to be kissed and I can usually make her laugh if I kiss her enough.
Man I love my little girl...she is the greatest gift and I feel so blessed that she is mine.











4 comments:

  1. Her little legs look so long and skinny. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how tall she is! She's such a cutie. You need to put some pics and video of her crawling. I can't wait to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how long she looks! And her eyes are sooo pretty!!! She is such a cuite...can't wait to meet her in person someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree she is soo Skinny and Long! She is such a cutie I love all her different headbands!

    ReplyDelete