Friday, July 17, 2009

Desert Getaway!

A couple weekends ago, Clark and I drove down to Mesquite, Nevada to stay at my grandmother's desert house. Nobody lives there, so it is a perfect getaway place. They have a couple pools and spas that I have been dying to go to since we got married. I always said we should go down and relax in the spa. Well, since I am prego and do not want to boil my baby, I was unable to go in the spa, but definitely lived it up in the pool. Clark and I also LOVE the Virgin River Restaurant! We eat there whenever we pass through Mesquite. They have a $4.99 Prime Rib dinner that is enough to fill Clark. Since we both LOVE meat and are on a tight budget, it is perfect.
We also ate there for breakfast one morning. The meals were $3.99 and I couldn't even eat half of mine it was so big. Here we are eating at our favorite restaurant and right before we headed to the pool.


We didn't have anyone to take pictures of the two of us, so you can't really tell where we are or what we are doing...oh well.

Here is Clark's pregnancy picture...he is pushing out cuz he says he is farther along than I am.


Here I am at around 16 weeks. I am pushing out and for some reason I look way bigger when I put my hands in that position. I really dont look that big...not even in a bathing suit. My mom got a picture of me the other day at 20 weeks and I think it is a little more true to my actual size, so hopefully I will be able to post that soon.




All has been going well with the pregnancy. I LOVE feeling the baby move and it scares me when it doesn't move a lot. The little one goes in cycles or something. For about 3 days it will move like crazy and then the next couple of days it will only move 2 times the entire day...I don't know. Maybe that is common...if it is let me know.
I have gained around 5 pounds so far...for a while I wasn't gaining anything, but my family came up and we went on vacation where we ate plenty of junk food so I think that did me in. I am trying to eat really healthy because I want the babe to come out healthy and plump...I love chubby babies.
I am not sick, but I do have trouble sleeping at night. I hate sleeping on my side...it makes my hips ache. I also get cramps in my leg muscles. I hear this only gets worse...ey carumba.
I am kinda starting to show now...without sticking out my belly. I still dont think people can tell I am pregnant, but the bump is getting bigger. I just hope I dont completely pop all at once, cuz that is a recipe for a stretch mark city...and I do not want that. We shall see...


4 comments:

  1. Michelle, you and clark are soo cute! And you look amazing!! You look soo cute pregnant! Glad you two were able to get away, I know what its like to never be alone with the husband lol. Cant wait to see more belly pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michey, you didn't even look that pregnant just a few days ago. You must have been pushing out! Too funny. Hey, you can't tell where you guys are, but at least they are cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Michelle! Its normal for the baby to have cycles where they like to move like crazy and then there are times where they just chill. You look great girl! Love the belly pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle. Congrats on the baby! That's so exciting! Do you know what it is yet? You and your husband are so cute!

    ReplyDelete