Saturday, July 4, 2009

I feel movement!

So yesterday, I was at my Brother in Laws house just sitting on the ground when I feel something tickle across the inside of my belly. I think to myself, "Self, could that be the baby moving? Why would the baby tickle me...that's strange." Well I waited for a time in the convo when I could ask my sis in law what it felt like for the baby to move. I heard that it feels like flutters...whatever those are, or that they feel like gas bubbles. Well, for me gas bubbles feel like someone is taking a knife to my insides, so I was hoping they wouldn't feel like that.
Anyway, I ask and she tells me that it feels like the baby is tickling your insides and that is what flutters mean. OH! Cool. I felt the baby! I then showed her how it felt like the baby wiggled it's little fingers across the inside of my belly and she confirmed that yes in fact it was the baby. HOw exciting!

Then I went to the potty and I felt it again. I preceded to feel the baby a couple more times throughout the evening. I am now pretty positive that the baby is on an opposite schedule and that when it gets bigger, it will be keeping me up in the wee hours of the night with it's wiggles. Oh well, I'm just grateful that I felt the little love inside of me. I had been panicking because I am 17/18 weeks and that is when most people say they feel the baby move. I was afraid that my baby was paralyzed, but again my baby has proven me all wrong...and thank heavens for that!


Oh and Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. It's so freaky when they tickle you, but cool at the same time. I remember feeling Savannah moving earlier on, but Cooper took awhile, past 20 weeks I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until your baby gets big and strong and you get to watch your stomach dance all over as they move. That is the coolest! One of the best things about pregnancy is feeling your baby move! Congradulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey michelle! congrats on your pregnancy! stumbled accross your old blog and found your new family one!

    ReplyDelete