Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Heart Beat

On Friday, we went to the OBGYN for my 16 week appointment. Well they have my due date as Dec. 10th, but with all the ovulation testing I was doing, I'm pretty sure it should be Dec. 2nd. Anyway, since they couldn't find the heart beat for us to listen to last time, they did it this time. The moment the doc put the doppler on my belly, we could hear a loud, strong and fast heartbeat. Then we heard static and no more heartbeat. Apparantly our little bundle of joy doesn't like to be pushed and prodded so he/she moved away from the thing that was pushing. Clark likes that, he says our baby was showing attitude. haha. I was so glad to hear our baby move and it's heartbeat. I was so scared that our baby had spina bifida or was paralized. The doctor said that our baby was super active and Clark says it's because the babe is trying to show me that it's not paralized. Thanks little babe for helping your mommy know you are alive and well down there!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for good strong heart beats. Clark will re-think the attitude part after the baby gets here. = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing the heartbeat! Last time my little guy kept kicking the probe thing they use to hear it. He doesn't like anything invading his space, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete