Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Life as a Housewife

Now that I have been on summer break for a couple weeks now, I have settled into my life as a housewife. I love it! If only it would stay this way, but I know that once this baby comes, it will be a 180 degree flip on the life I live now.

Let me give you a little glimpse into the life I live now. I awake at around 10:30 am (of course this is after a night full of restlessness and peeing every hour, but still). I get up, leisurely eat a bowl of cereal, throw on some stretchy clothes and head for a walk. This can get a little lonely since the crickets are usually the only ones on the street to keep me company, so I usually call my mother and chat for 30 minutes to an hour.

When I get back, I take a shower and get to the chores. This isn't the most leisurely thing I have done in my life. It's a good thing that I have this time before baby arrives because I am really gonna have to learn to do this a lot more efficiently. Every chore takes me FOREVER! Clark finds this humorous because I have wanted to be a stay at home mom my whole life, yet I am not so good at the housework part. I'm pretty sure I will be better at the taking care of the kids thing...I have had plenty of practice, but keeping up a house is a lot more effort than I thought. After I sweep, there are still crumbs on the ground...it's infuriating! I do the dishes and 10 seconds later, there are more dishes in the sink...ahhhh! How do people do it. I don't even want to try and comprehend what it would be like to work full time and keep up house...no thank you.

Anyway, after I get the chores done...I usually check email, facebook, and blogs before I start on din din. This is another one of those things that I'm gonna have to get better at if my husband is gonna get fed at all after we have the little one. I'm used to cooking for myself and myself alone. I would eat a bowl of black beans for dinner...this will not do for the husband. He likes a lot more/better food than that. He is polynesian so you can imagine what women I have to live up to. I don't know how they do it...cook so good for so many! It really is incredible. Well I have made it my personal goal to learn to cook. I want to have at least 10 good recipes that I can always fall back on. I am loving finding simple, but delicious recipes that I can try. It really is fun learning how to cook, despite the clean up afterword.

After dinner I do a little relaxing...maybe watch a movie, do a little sudoku, wait for the hubby to be done with homework, etc. Then it's off to bed.

See...my life is not gonna be the same in 6 months. I must live it up now while I've got the chance.

5 comments:

  1. We need to share some recipes. We all know - my experience was somewhat similiar to yours. I don't have to compete with the polynisian women - but I never wanted to marry a man who's mom cooked everything from scratch - including syrup... and then, I married a man who's mom makes her own syrup. Oh well - so we can share some yuminess. And the cleaning thing - everyone knows you can't be around cleaning chemichals when your preggo;). Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, this sounds like my life right now. And yeah, it is SO hard to keep that dang kitchen clean. Why must we eat all the time? And you try to be a good wife and cook delicious meals for your husband which only results in a newly cleaned kitchen becoming a disaster again! Bah! I keep telling myself to enjoy my down time while it lasts but I just want to meet my little boy! I'm bored and ready for him to join us. But of course I want him to be healthy so it's best to wait another few months. Sigh. I'll stop rambling now. Enjoy your relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What until that little baby creates TONS of dirty dishes! And dirty clothes! If you need any recipes, let me know. I really like to cook and have some pretty easy recipes. I look up Betty Crocker and Pillsbury online sometimes for recipes and there are tons. And you can make it more healthy if you want. Remember, spaghetti is like the easiest and quickest thing to make. Add a little salad and garlic toast, and yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, EVERYONE is having babies!! Except me, but I am perfectly OKAY with that, let me tell ya! They cry, they poop, they don't let you get an ounce of sleep. After being the oldest of ten I'm good for a while. However, everyone else has a few extra years on me, so that's okay but congratulations! Mari, Ashley, and Michelle are all having babies pretty much at the same time!! It's pretty cool, I wish everyone luck, and I hope the babies come healthy and happy. CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LIVE IT UP GIRL! That is all I've got to say, sleep in till 11 for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete