Friday, October 23, 2009

Big Belly, Big Belly, Big Belly

Here I am at 33 weeks and 1 day. My belly is definitely getting bigger and I love it! People have finally noticed that I am pregnant and are making comments. A lot of people have been asking when the baby is due and if it's a girl or a boy. People are still always shocked at how soon she will be coming. I'm fine with that though because it means that I am not the whale that I am starting to feel like. It's amazing how having a big belly can make you feel large everywhere. Somedays I feel huge and others I feel cute and pregnant...I guess that's how it goes.





I had a doctor's appointment last Tuesday when I was still 32 weeks and my belly was measuring at 33 centimeters already. I knew that the baby was growing a lot since my last visit because I could feel it and I could see it in my belly. At my appointments before, I was measuring a little smaller and now I am a little ahead. I hope she keeps getting nice and chubby in there. We also heard the heartbeat, and Clark was amazed at how strong it was. I feel the little one moving all along my ribs, hip bones, bladder, and sides. She can't really do full on kicks anymore cuz she is getting squished, but she likes to try and stretch as much as she can...this can be painful. She seems to be a morning person because she is always moving at 5 or 6 in the morning when Clark gets up. She also is getting the hiccups ALL the time. This can be annoying because it reminds me a little too much of when I get the hiccups...and that I do not like. I just can't wait to meet this little one!!!

I will admit to you all that I am now obsessed with reading other people's birth stories. I am so fascinated and I want to know every possible thing that could happen. I definitely envy those girls that go in and find out they're already 9 centimeters dilated and they haven't really felt any pain, and I do not envy those that need an emergency c-section. I'm really hoping that I can get her out all on my own and that I am a good pusher. I am really curious as to what contractions feel like. I hear so many different things. I also hope that I don't go into the hospital thinking that I am in labor and then I am sent home.
Well, I guess we will see in a couple of weeks! I will just have to keep indulging in other people's experiences til then.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to meet her also. We look at every part Hawaiian or part Asian kid and wonder "Will Clark and Michelle's baby look like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soooo cute! omgosh. seriously. i didn't know pregnancy could look this good. and the girl is going to be a doll.
    love it.
    and you.

    ReplyDelete