Monday, October 12, 2009

!!!!QUARANTINE!!!!


Joy to the World Quarantine is over!!!!! Man Alive. It is really hard to be alone for 6 whole days. I missed my hubby like crazy...and I was sooooo bored. Luckily it was all worth it, and I have not gotten ill, and as far as I know, neither has anyone else! Hallelujah. I would have been quite distraught if I had to live the way I did just to get sick and infect others.
My life the past 6 days has been quite interesting to say the least. When I informed my mother that Clark had the flu, she told me to not go back into my apartment, but to stay in the other part of the basement. I followed her direction and parked myself in the downstairs master bedroom (this room is currently being used for storage). I had NOTHING in there with me except my purse. I asked my mom how I would get food, and she told me that I could go get fast food and buy healthy things at the grocery store that do not require cooking or refrigerating. Needless to say, my options were quite limited.


Here I am being sad that I had to be on quarantine.
I was pretty excited that I had an excuse to eat fast food, but after the first time, it got boring. I realized that I mostly like going out to eat because it usually involves other people. Being by yourself does not qualify as a good time...unless you are super cool I guess. I would usually go to Wendy's and then eat in the car so that I could still be "out" without infecting other people. I also frequented the local Kohler's Grocery Store about a bazillion times...I kinda feel embarrassed to walk in there now.



I spent A LOT of time in this bed. After a day of not having my computer or anything to do, I put on a mask, held my breath and ran into our apartment to get my labtop and some movies/tv seasons. In the morning I would check my email, facebook, and blogs (by the way people really need to update more often). I would do this over and over until I finally got up the motivation to get out of the house. Then I would come back and spend my evenings watching the entire 1st season of Friends and the entire 1st season of Newlyweds.
I got fed up with living like this so one day I decided I would go window shopping. Yeah that lasted maybe an hour before I was ready to go back home...I'm not a big shopper and I definitely don't like doing it alone...I like me some people!



Clark had a great idea on Friday. You see, this is usually our date night and he didn't want us to skip one, so he had me pick him up a hot dog at Costco and since we have 2 copies of Ever After, we watched it at the same time just in separate places. It was so cute for Clark to come up with this all on his own...so cute and might I add, Romantic!
I missed Clark so much! I don't even know how he survived because he couldn't even leave the apartment at all. At least I got to see the real world. Well, since we both missed each other and both had a very hard time getting to sleep at night alone, we would talk multiple times a day on the phone and for about 3 hours each night. I would have him talk me to sleep at night so that I wouldn't be so scared. Isn't technology wonderful!
I am so glad the week is over and I can see my love and my home again. I'm sure I have put on some weight due to my lethargic week of laying and eating out. I am so grateful I didn't get sick and that Clark is doing much better and back at school.
On the baby front: I think all the laying I did made it so the little one got more calories cuz I can feel her growing like crazy inside of me. I feel like I am finally getting big. I have started a love/hate relationship with food because it now always gives me heartburn. Atleast it didn't start til now. I have Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time. I get one every time I use the restroom and when I go on a walk. If I go on a walk for exercise, I feel like I have one big long contraction the entire walk. This kind of scares me, but it doesn't hurt like a labor contraction, so I am guessing it is ok. I also got a UTI the other day which is so annoying, but much better than the flu.
I am getting so anxious to meet my little girl! I just keep trying to picture her and I just want to squeeze her. Sometimes I can feel her body with my hands and I will try to hug her from the outside...it's pretty funny. I just love her to pieces!


This is me at 29 weeks. I am now 31 1/2 weeks along so I will have Clark take a picture of me tonight and I will try to post it soon.

3 comments:

  1. Thats such good news that no one else got sick! Glad to hear that Clark is feeling better. You are such a cute prego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I usually don't say anything is bad if it means you get to watch newlyweds for hours straight, but I guess this might be the one exception. hehe. I'm glad no one else got sick, and hopefully now Clark is done with the sickness this season. Especially once the babe comes. Love the belly pic... you can tell your pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I loved how diligent you were in your quarantine. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete