Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Official

Macy has a dimple!!!! I am so extatic about this. I'm going to let you in on a little bit of my history:

I have always LOVED dimples. I wish so badly that I had them. In church we would write down things that we looked for in a husband and first on my list was always DIMPLES. I really hoped that I would marry a man with dimples; of course if I was in love with a wonderful man without dimples it wouldn't have stopped the marriage, but still I hunted for dimples. Well it just so happens that the man I fell in love with and married has dimples. Hip hip hooray! Now I just needed him to give them to our children. Well he did. She only has one that I can see and it is on her left cheek. I have been searching since she was born to try and spot one. The nurse at the hospital said she did, but I wasn't going to take her word for it. I saw a dimple a couple of times, but I wasn't sure if it was my imagination. Then the other day, Macy had gas and was smiling a ton and I just stared at her cheek and saw her dimple appear over and over again with every smile. I was sure now. Then yesterday in her sleep she smiled huge and giggled. Clark got to see her dimple then. So fun!!! I couldn't be happier for my child.

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny to me! I was totally praying that Logan would have dimples too because I think they are the cutest thing ever and lo and behold, he's got em! Like Macy, they were inherited from his daddy. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing the simple things that make us so happy. Thanks Clark for your genetic code. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! If we cant have them... our posterity will!!! hehe. Sterling has one kind of like mine... it is there, but only with certain smiles. Probably the kind of dimple that almost no one will ever notice. I can't wait to see macy's little dimple for myself. Try and catch it in a pic! WOOP WOOP!!

    ReplyDelete