Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Going Back to Cali Cali Cali

For the past 10 days, Clark and I have been priveleged to be in California. It was SOOOO fun! This was the first time that my whole family was together since Clark's and my wedding. Also, I had never met Melissa's little Sterling...so I was totally looking forward to that. I just loved being with my family. We could have done nothing and it would have been marvelous, but we did do a lot of fun stuff. My mom's 50th birthday happened last Tuesday, so we got to celebrate that a couple of times. Below, we are all at Lucille's BBQ (so scrumptious). Clark was in the bathroom and missed the picture :( Also Anna stayed home with her two tired children.



The next day we went to lunch at Islands with some of my mom's grown up buddies. That was fun to see them all and it made me want to do stuff like that with my grown up buddies when I'm older.

I am so sad that these are all the pictures that I got with my camera from our trip...not even one of Clark! How lame. I know, I need to be better. I make it a goal to improve. Anyway, we did a lot more fun stuff. Some highlights are: going on a double date with Andy and Melissa, Seeing Grace and Stella play, Being in church with the whole fam, Carpinteria, Sneaking Julies birthday present, Laughing in the hotel room with Anna and Tyler, holding Sterling as much as possible, watching Julie make Sterling laugh, drinking loads of soda, My dad's tri tip dinner, seeing Clark connect with my family on a new level, and the list could go on and on, but I wont bore you.
Clark and I also spent some time with his sister Marylani and her family. That was so much fun; her kids are all so well behaved and loving. I love being their Auntie. I also love talking with my sister and brother in law. They are so lively and kind hearted. I could learn a lot from them. It was sad to say goodbye.
When the time came to say goodbye, I bawled my little eyes out. One reason is that I probably wont be back in California for another year due to the little bundle of joy that will be arriving in December. Also, I had been looking forward to it for so long and it was over...I hate those let downs. I will miss my family tremendously. I love them all so much and I wish we all lived super close. Atleast I NEED Melissa and Andy to move somewhere on the western part of the U.S. South Carolina is far too far. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that they can come out to Utah in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment