Thursday, November 19, 2009

36 week Doc Appointment

I went to the doctor's on Tuesday, when I was still 36 weeks. I was so nervous because it was going to be my first internal exam. I really wanted to hear that I was starting to dilate, and it is just uncomfortable being under that paper towel. Well, the doctor checked the heartbeat and said that it sounded fantastic, he said I was growing well, did the group B strep test (yuck!), and then said that I was 1 1/2 to 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced!!! Yay! I was so excited to hear this. He said he thinks that she will come early if anything, but he also said we could be surprised and she could be a week late. I'm hoping more for the week early thing, but I guess I'm not really in control of that.

Now I am 37 weeks and FULL TERM!!! I was always so nervous that I wouldn't ever carry a baby to full term, but here I am. She is definitely getting big and taking up every inch of space in my abdomen, but I LOVE it! I love being able to feel her body and know which parts are what. Her head is down and the doc said it is getting low...yay yay yay!!! I just can't wait to meet the little girl that's been living inside of me for the past almost 9 months.

Oh and Clark just loves to tease me and say that the baby is gonna come out a boy. Not that I wouldn't love to have a son, but I just have EVERYTHING for a girl and would not know what to do if a male came out...so let's hope that doesn't happen.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that everything is going great for you and the little one!! And funny thing, that happened to my mom; for the whole 9 months the doctor told her that she was going to have a boy but here I am a girl.

    ReplyDelete