Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Clark and I had fun carving our pumpkin this year. It was our first Halloween as a married couple and our first time carving a pumpkin together, so it was quite an occasion! We bought one big pumpkin that we could carve together...it only cost a little over a buck! This made for a fun Family Home Evening.

Here I am digging out the goop. Since one of Clark's favorite treats is pumpkin seeds...I decided I would try my hand at making them. I carefully separated all goop from seeds. I burned the first batch, but did better on the second. Clark ate them all anyway :)






Since Clark is the artist in the family, I had him come up with the design and draw it on. I am ok with a normal ol Jack-O-Lantern face, but Clark is much more creative.

Clark started out the carving while I worked on the pumpkin seeds. I did carve though...the whole right side...and I kept the design mostly intact...Clark had a little more mishaps than myself. I am proud.


And here is our scary Jack-O-Lantern....
I thought we did a mighty good job for our first go around. We shall see what next year brings.

1 comment:

  1. Not to diss your pumpkin, but did you check out Mike and Katie's?

    ReplyDelete