Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My eggo is prego.

Well today I had my 34 week doctors appointment. I will be 35 weeks on Thursday, so I kinda see it as my 35 week appointment, but alas it is not that big of a deal. The baby is doing great. Her heartbeat is strong and I am measuring 34 centimeters. I think I have started to drop because when i walk around, I can feel downward pressure and I feel as though I am going to pee my pants. I know, not fun. I am glad if I have begun to drop because hopefully that means that she will come on her own and I wont have to be induced. My doctor had me schedule an induction date for a week after my due date, so if she doesn't come on her own, I will be induced December 17th. I wouldn't mind having her a week early so then I wont have to worry that she wont come on her own.

Some weird things have been happening lately in the pregnancy world. I have started to lose my appetite. I think it has something to do with the lack of room for my stomach and intestines. Before, I couldn't go a couple hours without eating...now I have to force myself to eat. The only thing I dont have to force myself to eat is candy, but that's not good cuz it makes me sick and I'm sure it's not good for the little one. I make a commitment now not to eat only candy.

I also started to swell!!! YIKES!! No thank-you. I do not like swelling. It totally freaks me out. I'm pretty sure it was due to all the standing I did on Halloween, the lack of healthy food, and the surplus of sugar that I ate. My legs have gone back to almost normal so that's good. I just hope they stay down.

I also started having insomnia. This was full blown insomnia too. It wasn't due to being uncomfortable, but just the inability to sleep. I would be so tired, but sleep was not happening...I couldn't even take a nap in the day. I finally took Tylenol PM one night and that put me out, but I dont want to rely on that. It seems to have gotten better because the last 2 nights I have slept pretty well...hopefully this keeps up.

Pregnancy dreams...they are strange aren't they? I have dreams all the time that I forget to feed my baby or that I take her out of me and then put her back in. I have noticed that most of these dreams have to do with feeding her...I guess that can tell you what I am most nervous about. I really hope that she is a good eater, and that I get nursing down quickly.

Well I am getting so excited for our little one to arrive. I am so curious as to what she will look like. I am most curious about her coloring, but we wont really get a feel for that for a while after she is born. Oh, I had my first painful contraction...only one though. It felt pretty much like I thought it would, but I'm sure real labor ones will be way more intense.

We had some fun Halloween happenings and i will have to post about those when I get the camera back from my hubby.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so familiar to me! I will say that I lost my appetite temporarily (and I was happy because I thought I would stop gaining weight) but then it came back. With a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see some more pictures of your cute little belly. December seems so close but so far away. Are you getting nervous? I am a little. :\ I need to call you. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete