Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shower

This last Tuesday, my cousin Emily, cousin Mandy and Aunt Linda threw me a baby shower. It was so fun! I have been looking forward to it for weeks and weeks. They are always so sweet and giving and thoughtful. It's nice to have such great family.

I will start off by telling about my wonderful guests, because it wouldn't be much of a shower without these great folks.


Here's my sis-in-law Tami, Aunt Vicky, and Aunt Angie.

My cousin Emily, cousin/aunt Lisa, cousin Maryann, and Aunt Linda.

Two of my best friends Emily and Noelle. I love how excited they are for the little one. They are the best...and they are giving good lovin to the little bug.

My Aunt Anita, cousin Katie, and Great-Aunt Nancy.

I am so grateful to everyone who came and supported me and my babe. I felt so loved!

And then there were gifts. Everyone was so thoughtful and generous. My favorite gift had to be the blessing dress that my Mother-in-law made for the little one. It is GORGEOUS!!! This picture doesn't do it justice, but oh man! She got the material in L.A. and then sewed it so perfectly. I love the little bonnet. I totally cried when I opened it, so sweet and the little one will always be grateful to her Grandma Tutu.



Here are some other guests. In the back: cousins Jamie and Mandy
In the front: an extatic me, Aunt Denise, cousin Danielle, Momma Varner.


One of my favorite parts of my family baby showers are the games. The memory game has got to be a fav. There are all sorts of different pregnancy and birth related words and phrases, and we had to find the ones that matched. If you found a match, you get a candy bar that relates to the word or phrase. I won two! I got breastfeeding (Milky way) and bottle feeding (Milk Duds). I'm hoping I am more of a Milky way...we don't want no duds!



The guests also guessed :) how big my belly was. I was excited to see what they guessed because everyone tells me how small I look. Almost everyone's string was way too big, but my Aunt Angie guessed right on! I am proud.


Here I am showing off her string skills.


Measured perfect!!!


Sorry about the duplicate picture...they are just so cute.

Here is Lisa guessing her string size. They had to do it before they could see me and the belly.

Here is my beautiful cousin Emily...the hostess with the mostess. She seriously is the most thoughtful girl I know.

Loved the cute pink balloons. Bring on the PINK!!!!! This baby better not come out a boy.

Mmmmmm...I loved the chocolate covered strawberries. My cousin Mandy made all of these by hand!


I wasn't expecting food because the shower was at 7 pm, but I was oh so pleasantly surprised. I was starving...so it was perfect!!!


Oh how I love baby showers. Stay tuned because I am having one with my ward on Saturday.

















































































4 comments:

  1. Wow, What a shindig. Such a sweet family to have a shower. Wish i could have been there.
    These people are the best. You look adorable Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those lunds know how to throw a special party. (well... makin/lunds). Wish I could have been there too! So sad. Thanks for taking pics of everything. I seriously live for pictures. Ok... now for the quilt. Put it up put it up put it up! And that dress is so beautiful. So nice of your mom in law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked like such a great time. I'm sad I missed it too. Thank goodness for cameras. You looked so beautiful and excited. I love it. Keep up the posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Fun!!! Aren't showers the best? =)

    ReplyDelete